Monday, June 7, 2010

Watermelon Baby Carriage


Just wanted to share a little watermelon baby carriage that I made a few days ago for a friend's baby shower. This is not difficult to make but allow about an hour and a half for all the cutting and fruit balling. If you want to save time, you can cut the melon into squares instead of balling it all. I dug out my tools for carving pumpkins this time and they helped a lot. This is the first one that I made with the scallop top and I think it's cuter than a straight edge or using a V-shaped blade. I sheared off the bottom of the melon first to make it sit level. I traced the scallops first before cutting them with one the small pumpkin carving knives. The handle is carved out the piece that comes off. The wheels are held on using two long skewers that go all the way through the width of the melon.

No comments:

Post a Comment