Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pampered Chef Chicken Tortilla Soup

I wanted to share a recipe that I have been making lately. My family loves it and it's so easy. I had it at a Pampered Chef party and just had to get the recipe. I like it because I usually have most of the ingredients on hand and if I don't I substitute.

Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe

4 (6") corn tortillas
1/2 C onion, chopped
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
2 cans (14.5 oz each) Chicken broth
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
4 tsp. fresh cilantro, snipped
2 oz reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 C)
4 thick slices fresh lime (optional)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tortillas into 1/2" strips using Kitchen Shears. Place on flat Baking Stone. Bake 7-8 minutes or until crisp.

Meanwhile, chop onion using Food Chopper. Cut chicken into 1/2" pieces using 8" Chef's Knife. Heat Generation II 4 Qt Casserole over medium-high heat. Spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add onion, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Divide tortilla strips among 4 bowls. Ladle soup over totillas using Nylon Ladle. Shred cheese over top with Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle soup with cilantro. Garnish each bowl with lime slice to squeeze juice into soup, if desired.

I use regular mild cheddar cheese, not reduced fat.

Substitutions I use:
Garlic Powder = fresh garlic
Tortilla chips = corn tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment