Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tinkerbell Baby Shower

This shower theme was so much fun. My niece has always loved Tinkerbell so when we found out she was having a girl, a Tinkerbell Shower seemed like the thing to do. I found the bed canopy at a thrift store and attached flowers from a flower bunch that I bought at Joann's. I framed three of her favorite sonogram pictures for all the guests to see. For a party favor, we had flower clips for all the guests to wear. We played two baby shower games. For the first game, I covered baby food jars with paper and guests had to guess what each jar contained. During the second game, guests had to remember 31 baby-related-items that were in the Tinkerbell diaper bag. These are my favorite games because at the end the mom-to-be gets a starter collection of baby food and a stocked diaper bag!



For diaper cake directions, click HERE.









Party Favors

I couldn't find flower hair clips within my budget so I decided to make them. I bought flower bunches at Joann's for less than $1. First, I covered metal clips with ribbon using hot glue. I cut the flowers off the wire stems and attached them to the covered metal clips using hot glue. It was fairly easy and a lot less expensive than purchasing them already made.



Materials: Ceramic Mushrooms and Fairy Wings (99 cent store), Green Stones (Michaels), Tutu and Flower Headband (Handmade by Sarah Nesbit), Cricut Storybook cartridge, Cricut Tinkerbell and Friends cartridge, Pampers Swaddlers Diapers, Tinkerbell Diaper Bag (Big Lots)

No comments:

Post a Comment