Monday, May 3, 2010

Family Tree Maker


A few years ago I got the idea that I wanted an easy way to keep track of my family's information (birthdays, names, places of birth, etc.). I also wanted a place to record some interesting information that I had obtained about my grandparents. I wanted to put it somewhere so I could organize it. I ended up buying a software program called Family Tree Maker. Little did I know that it would be the start of a years-long never-ending genealogy project. If you ever thought about researching your ancestors or just want a place to organize all the information you have, Family Tree Maker is a great place to start. It's easy to use and has places to save pictures, documents, site sources, etc. Complicated relations such as divorces, unwed parents and stepchildren can also be organized in the program. After your information is gathered you can print out family trees, charts, reports and more. The Family Tree Maker edition that I purchased came with a free 1-year subscription to Ancestry.com. I hope to explain more about Ancestry.com and genealogy in general in future posts.

1 comment:

  1. I love this program, it really helps organize info. I have the new one but have not loaded it yet.

    ReplyDelete